51 Illustration Essay Topics
To illustrate, simply means demonstrating something or a concept in detail. When you write an illustrative essay, you will simply be attempting to explain or support an idea through the use of visual language. The goal of an illustrative essay is to use different types of examples to prove an existing phenomenon.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
Argumentative essays and illustrative essays are not to be confused with each other even though the two are quite similar. Argumentative essays use examples just as illustration essays do. However, these types of essays are designed to convince the reader by taking on a stance on a subject. Illustrative essays, on the other hand, do everything they can to avoid taking sides. Instead, most are objective, and examples are only used for purposes of illustrating.
How to write an illustration essay
To get an illustration essay right, you need to start with planning. This should be done as soon as you have come up with a topic. Planning entails shopping around for resources that will help you put together the essay. Look for research resources for your essay and save them. Once you have enough resources, proceed to create an outline, which is made of an introduction, body, and conclusion. These will be the main parts of the essay.
In an illustration essay, you must tell the readers where you got the information you have written from. Therefore, ensure that you keep all your sources as you will need them for reference. While providing the references, ensure that you adhere to the referencing style that your professor has recommended. Deviating from this will cost you your grades.
With the help of a plagiarism checker, ensure that your essay stays original. Proofreading is an essential step in writing an illustration essay, ensure that your paper is flawless before you submit it.
Illustration essay topics and prompts
You have a range of illustration essay topics to pick from. Here are some of the interesting illustration essay topics that you can explore.
- Discuss various famous dictators in the world from current times or history. Illustrate steps that could have been taken to prevent them from acquiring power positions in the first place.
- Has social media contributed to the breakdown of communication as we understand it?
- Visit a local art gallery and explain your experience at length.
- Are there things that individuals can do to avoid procrastination?
- Is alcohol addictive? Why do people drink it excessively?
- It is a well agreed upon the fact that cigarette smoking is harmful to your health. What is your opinion on e-cigarettes?
- Are there ways to tell is a piece of artwork is good or not?
- How can bullying be stopped today?
- Expound on how social media has worsened the state of bullying in our school?
- Will cybercrime worsen or improve in the future?
- How extensive should government involvement be when it comes to planning and implementing the school policy and curriculum?
- Expound on the role of technology in today’s university admissions
- Illustrate how religion and science have impacted society altogether
- What does it take to become a successful athlete?
- Do you condone animal testing for human products? If so, provide sufficient examples.
- Talk about the impact of social media on contemporary relationships.
- Have human beings become too dependent on technology?
- Should stem cell research be halted altogether?
- Stem cell research is vital for ensuring the future of human beings. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- Should marijuana be criminalized? Give illustrations on why.
- What criteria should students use when picking which of the numerous colleges available to attend?
- Expound on the role of women in society.
- What role do women play in the success of a business?
- How can individuals cope with mental illness?
- How does social media contribute to the increased number of depression cases today?
- Why are businesses increasing their reliance on social networks in business?
- Has political violence increased around the world? Provide examples.
- How can individuals effectively utilize their free time?
- How has fashion impacted youth behavior?
- Are college sports essential for the local economy?
- How do sports affect individual behavior?
- Are recreational sports in colleges important to students? Why?
- Are there repercussions for stem cell research?
- What are some of the effects of the digital era on Print as we knew it?
- How has the rise of technology negatively affected society?
- What are the most effective teaching methods for contemporary students?
- How has the rise of technology negatively affected the business of print?
- Are gender roles in today’s society changing
- What role does modern fashion play in how women perceive themselves?
- Should capital punishment be implemented
- Do you agree with the statement that violence begets more violence?
- How does religious development affect student behavior?
- Can domestic violence be put to a stop?
- What role has technology played in global terrorism?
- How can immigration problems be stopped?
- Can alcoholism be cured?
- What role do school lunches play in childhood obesity?
- Are there instances when lying should be permitted
- Why is stem cell research such a hot-button issue?
- Do you think organizational culture plays a role in business success?
- What are the differences between reality and superstitions?
Wondering the best topic to choose for your Hamlet essay? Here is a list of some of the interesting Hamlet essay topics that will give you great ideas.
How to pick a topic for your illustration essay
1. Brainstorm some examples
You are going to need a vast topic that can help you catch the attention of your instructor. Therefore, be sure to use a prompt that will have a fair number of examples to support your thesis. The longer your illustrative essay is, the more examples you are going to need.
2. Pick a memorable topic
Remember, illustration topics are quite different from argumentative essay topics. As such, you should stay away from topics that require subjectivity. Such topics include murder, abortion, decriminalization of drugs, and so on.
3. Reviews work that has already been written
If you are still struggling to find an essay topic to write on, why not consider reviewing other existing works that have already been written. Sometimes picking an essay topic can be as simple as exploring what others have done before.
4. Be realistic
When settling on your preferred essay question, you must remain realistic about the amount of work that needs to go into your topic and the sources available. Of course, it does not make sense to settle on a prompt for your essay if it only has limited sources. If you do, it will work against you.
5. Read widely
If you are still struggling to come up with a question, you might need to go back to your books. It may simply be that you lack a firm understanding of the subject matter to come up with a quality essay question.
These essay topics that we have suggested for you will go a long way in helping to stimulate your imagination. If all else fails, simply contact your tutor or instructor, and maybe he or she can shed more light on the situation. Your lecturer may not hand you the topic on a silver platter, but they should guide you in the right direction. You are also allowed to seek professional help to complete your essay from a reputale English assignment writing service.