78 Top Compare and Contrast Topics For College
It is hard to miss a compare and contrast query in a written exam at all academic levels. Compare and contrast essay topics are quite challenging because the author has to look at different angles of the issue even when they don’t exactly fit an apples to apples comparison and contrast scenario. Compare and contrast essays have many gains for student development:
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
1. Improving understanding
Compare and contrast essays helps in improving students’ comprehension. It helps them pay more attention to details, making it possible for them to better understand different ideas. This helps them in avoiding confusion in related concepts even in the other subjects they study. Essays and research questions can be answered by college research paper writer online at an affordable price.
2. Promoting higher-order thinking skills
Higher-order thinking is vital for the success of students in their academics. Compare and contrast essays encourage higher-order thinking, playing a crucial role in students’ academic success.
3. Enhancing students’ memory
Memory plays a vital role in concentration and helping students follow instructions. The success of students in academics relies on their ability to hold information and use it later, for instance, in exams. Weak memory can impede the ability of a student to excel in his or her academics. Compare and contrast essays have been found to be very instrumental in promoting an excellent working memory in students.
Compare and contrast essays have are also useful in enhancing the writing skills of students. That is through better organization of information and developing their ideas with precision and clarity.
How to write a compare and contrast essay
It is very important to do proper in-depth research on what is being compared and contrasted. This is because it is essential to remain objective and present facts to the readers as they make their judgments.
A common practice of writing compare and contrast essays is by starting on the background of both sides that have led to their being compared and contrasted. This is the reference frame, which helps stay within the topic at hand. You then lay the comparison and contrast grounds to e.g., performance or effectiveness. It is essential to establish a thesis that explains the relationship between two or more subjects. When writing a compare and contrast topic, organize the comparison point by point for the reader to follow.
Suggested topics for compare and contrast essays
- Exploring the Origin of Both Christianity And Islam
- Exams: are they a true reflection of a student’s ability?
- Summer holidays vs. winter holidays in New York
- Colonial Resistance Vs. Collaboration: Which One Was More Effective?
- Video Computer games vs. smartphone games
- What Did The Greek Gods Have In Common With The God Of The Israelites?
- Similarities and Differences Between Windows and Android Software In Smartphones
- Daydreaming Vs. Dreaming During the Night: What Would You Prefer?
- What are the differences and similarities between the two moon missions?
- What Makes People Completely Different from Animals
- Comparing and Contrasting the Teachings of Christianity and Islam
- Comparing and Contrasting Buddhist and Christian Beliefs
- Comparing and Contrasting the Sumerian and Egyptian Culture
- Differences and Similarities between the Homo Habilis And Homo Erectus.
- Hailing an Uber vs. Riding a Bus
- Money vs. gift for a birthday.
- Hardcopy books vs. Ebooks
- Compare Dance Styles Ballet vs. breakdance.
- Chinese vs. Korean
- Compare and contrast the two cities.
- Horror Films and Thrillers: What is in Common?
- Textbooks or tablets in schools – what are the advantages and disadvantages of each in the process of learning?
- The differences between feeling sad or lonely
- Comparing and Contrasting Aristotle and Plato
- Comparing and Contrasting Visual Perception and Visual Sensation
- Comparing and Contrasting Taoism and Confucianism
- Comparing and Contrasting the Minoan and Mycenaean Civilizations
- What are the main differences between writing an essay and writing a research paper?
- 2000s rock music compared with rock from the 1970s – what are the differences?
- Democracy & Dictatorship: which one is better in an unstable political scene?
- Batman vs. Superman: who is the true hero of the world?
- American Vs. British Judicial Systems
- Comparing and Contrasting Taoism and Confucianism
- Comparing and Contrasting Martin Luther and Malcolm X
- Comparing and Contrasting Armed Uprising and Civil Disobedience
- Comparing and Contrasting the Reagan and Bush Presidencies
- Comparing and Contrasting a Light and an Electron Microscope
- Comparing and Contrasting the Population Management Strategies in India and China
- Comparing and Contrasting the Philosophers Karl Marx and JS Mill
- Comparing and Contrasting Faith and Cultural Customs
- Comparing and Contrasting Cloud Storage and Onsite Storage
- Comparing and Contrasting the Stories, The Odyssey and Ramayana
- Comparing and Contrasting the Democracies Canada and India
- Keynesian Economics Compared and Contrasted to Monetarist Economics
- Comparing and Contrasting Civil Rights Movements in India and USA
- Comparing and Contrasting the Religions of Christianity and Hinduism
- Comparing and Contrasting the Philosophers Aristotle and Plato
- Comparing and contrasting Luxury and Utilitarianism
- Comparing and Contrasting the Male and Female Condom
- Comparing and Contrasting the Side Effects of Cannabis and Alcohol
- Comparing and Contrasting Physical Addictions and Psychological Addictions
- Comparing and Contrasting China and Japan
- Compare and Contrast of Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism
- Comparing and Contrasting Two of the Social Contracts Advocates; Rousseau and Hobbes
- Comparing and Contrasting the Play and Film Versions of Romeo and Juliet
- Comparing and Contrasting the Codes of Ethics in the Counseling Profession
- Comparing and Contrasting Muhammad Ali and Floyd Mayweather
- Comparing and Contrasting the Jewish, Christian and Islamic Fundamentalism
- Comparing and Contrasting Realism, Naturalism, and Symbolism
- Comparing and Contrasting Modern and Classical Music
- Comparing and Contrasting Two Adventures: Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe
- Comparing and Contrasting The Scarlet Letter and The Crucible
- Comparing and Contrasting the Religions of Judaism and Buddhism
- Comparing and Contrasting Hector and Achilles in The Iliad
- Comparing and Contrasting Cult and Religion
- Comparing and Contrasting the Shared and Differed Cultures of USA and Mexico
- Comparing and Contrasting Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi
- Compare and contrast Islam and Arab Nationalism. Why did Islamism become so prominent from the 1970s and 80s?
- Compare the Monarchy in the United Kingdom with Spain.
- Compare and Contrast the phenomena of guerilla warfare and urban terrorism
- Compare and Contrast life in the US and life in the Soviet Union in the 1930s
- Compare and contrast the creative processes of the mind; Carl Jung and Freud.
- Andrew Carnegie and George Soros: Compare and contrast
- Compare and Contrast Friedman Vs. Hayek
- Compare the education system between Post-Colonial Hong Kong and Post-Colonial South Africa.
- Comparison and Contrast of Champions of Nonviolence M Gandhi, and Martin Luther King
- Compare traditional and agile project management methods.
- Compare and contrast tomb art in Ancient Egypt and Ancient Mesopotamia.
How to pick a topic for a compare and contrast essay
• Long-running topics – This is where you add to a long-running topic e.g., the Windows vs. Linux debate.
• Highlight new information- When a new technology, for example, appears on the market, it is essential to examine what it offers better than older technologies and other emerging technologies.
It is not very difficult writing compare and contrast essay topics. The important thing is to have the facts right on each item, issue or personality being compared and contrasted. Writing this kind of essay will also help you uncover unsupported hidden biases that you may have ignorantly held. You can also get assistance from our team of experienced and qualified writers for a flawless paper.