FOUR MODERNIZATION(DENG XIAOPING’S) – EXPLAINED IN DETAILS
What were the four modernizations?
Deng Xiaoping had goals to modernize the following:
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
To promote the development of industrial relations, and strengthen planning and supervision of industry, focusing more on light industries. The goal was to build a socialist market economy with Chinese characteristics instead of the Soviet model that Khrushchev had previously implemented. The Third Front was a part of this industrial modernization plan.
To improve the quality and increase the quantity of agricultural production. This was done by raising agricultural production with the help of modern technology, developing rural industries, improving agricultural management and marketing systems, setting up rural credit cooperatives, and better education and communication in rural areas.
3. Science and technology
To train better technicians and scientists. The goal was to help the modernization of China by importing foreign advanced technology through scientific research cooperation and introducing new technology from the Four Modernizations and other developed countries.
4. National Defense
To strengthen the military with modern weapons and equipment. The budget for the military was raised; new training and management methods were introduced, technical advances were imported, etc.
Tutors who have more knowledge on four modernizations are available to do your assignment, just hire a thesis writer and your homework will be done as soon as possible.
The overall goal of the four modernization brought about by Deng Xiaoping’s
To help China become more developed and prosperous.
The main principles for achieving this goal were centralized economic planning, developing the private sector, and relying less on government money.
The government-controlled People’s Republic of China’s economy using the method of”guidance” meant that they were in charge but did not have direct control.
How did china’s great leap differ from the four modernization
The Great Leap Forward and Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations had similar goals. Both aimed to make China more developed and prosperous; both focused on developing industry, agriculture, science and technology, and defense. However, they differed in many ways.
Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations was geared towards developing a market economy with Chinese characteristics instead of the Soviet model that Khrushchev had previously implemented. It also used the industry’s scientific planning methods and modern management techniques.
Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations was more of centralized planning focusing on the economy. Mao Zedong’s Great Leap Forward was to parallel develop industrial, agricultural, and other economic sectors while emphasizing that industrial development should take precedence over agriculture.
The four modernization helped china prosper by focusing in what areas
The four modernizations helped China to build a stronger economy and become stronger.
Deng Xiaoping’s four modernization helped to overcome the weaknesses in the Soviet model by introducing modern management techniques, taking a step closer to achieving a market economy, and providing leadership of the country by using centralized economic planning.
The four modernization helped the country to produce more food, increase agricultural production, develop industries, and increase power.
Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations helped China to take the first steps toward a more prosperous socialist market economy.
The effect of four modernization on the Chinese industry
1. Modernization of Chinese industry
The Chinese economy has been rapidly growing, and so have its industries. As a result of Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations, the industries in China are going through drastic and continuous modernization and technology advancements. Such modifications include the use of advanced technologies and the expansion of production lines. This phenomenon is not just limited to certain fields but is integrated into all economic sectors.
2. Growth of China’s agriculture industry
China has been one of the leading producing countries in the world in terms of agricultural products. Its agricultural products are being exported in large quantities. China’s agriculture industry has been greatly boosted due to Deng Xiaoping’s Four Modernizations’ introduction of modern technologies and practices. Such growth is evident in the country’s ability to provide food for its growing population.
3. Growth of Chinese industries
China’s industries have also been growing with time. This growth has been a direct result of the Four Modernizations by Deng Xiaoping. Industries in China have modernized. Although certain sectors still need modernization, overall, the industries in China have transformed.
4. Growth of the Chinese aviation industry
The state-owned Chinese aircraft manufacturer is the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). As per reports, AVIC is developing and producing high-tech combat jets. Given the increased defense budget, the Chinese aviation industry has expanded tremendously.
What are the pro and cons of the four modernization
The pro and cons of the four modernization are as follows:
The pros of the four modernizations are as follows:
1. The four modernizations helped China become more developed and prosperous.
2. China’s industry became more modern by introducing new advanced technologies.
3. It boosted China’s agricultural industry by importing new technology and management methods from advanced countries.
4. It reduced obstacles to exporting Chinese products to foreign markets by importing new technology and other inventions from foreign marketplaces.
5. It helped China to produce more food, increase agricultural production, develop industries, and increase power.
6. It helped China to become a great power in the world through its modernization and technological advancements.
7. It gave China political and economic independence for itself.
The cons of the four modernization are as follows:
1. Although China achieved more with the four modernization, it also caused problems like inflation in some sectors of the economy due to the imbalance between supply and demand.
2. The four modernizations were criticized for weakening the socialist economy.
3. The economic reforms introduced by Deng Xiaoping resulted in the privatization of some sectors of the economy from the public to the private sector, which resulted in a temporary scarcity of certain goods.
4. Civil liberties and human rights were a casualty due to the implementation of the Four Modernizations project, which was opposed by people such as Tiananmen Square protestors and Falungong members.
Why were the four modernizations important after Mao Zedong died
Deng Xiaoping took over the Great Leap Forward project after Mao Zedong died. The four modernizations were important to China because they ensured that the country was moving forward until the end of his tenure, which led to financial growth through economic modernization.
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20