The Graduate Record Examination has long been used by many US universities to assess the eligibility of entrants for Masters and Doctorate programs. The GRE test is standardized and has been written by millions of students over the years. While it is normal to be apprehensive about the test, it is very possible to pass on the first try with proper preparation
How to write a GRE essay
The exam includes GRE essay topics that test verbal reasoning, qualitative reasoning and analytical writing. The best way to prepare is by looking at the pool of topics that are listed on the ETS website. Each testing section will have listed topics. From this pool, it is relatively easy to predict what essays you want to write and prepare adequately. There are several websites that also list free GRE test questions practice on them.
Suggested topics for a GRE essay
- The Issue of International Gray Markets and the Threat They Pose to Manufacturers
- An Overview of the Financial Instability and the Soaring Volume of International Finance and Increased Interdependence of Markets in the United States
- The Two Epic Forces Sweeping the Word Today, New Technology and Free Markets
- The Successful Strategies of Disney in Penetrating Foreign Markets
- An Introduction to the Situational Analysis of Performing Markets Relative to Specific Industrial Settings
- An In-depth Description of Key Forces in Capitalism and Free Markets
- The Main Aims of Implementing the Compulsory Order by the United Kingdom Competition and Markets Authority
- An Introduction to the World Bank as a Player in International Capital Markets
- An Analysis of Maignan and Ferrell, on Whether a Firm Markets Its Services or Goods Internationally or Domestically
- An Analysis of the Marketing Strategies of Kudler and the Need to Expand to New Markets
- An Analysis of the Effects of the Recession on the Emerging Markets
- The Strategic Issue of Entering Emerging International Markets
- Research on the Current Situation of Cisco in Emerging Markets
- The United States’ Government Policy on the Big Emerging Markets
- A Look at One of the Traditional Markets in Russia
- An Overview of the Four Different Markets in the United States
- An Analysis of the Opportunities and Roadblocks in the New Markets for Coca Cola and Pepsi
- How the Soft-Drink Battleground Has Turned Towards New Overseas Markets
- An Analysis of the Crisis of September 2008 on Relative Abilities of Currency Markets and National Governments To Influence Exchange Rates
- A Look at the Four Different Markets Structures in Europe
- Japanese Automobile Companies: How do They Retain Their Competitiveness in the International Markets?
- A Description of the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (OFGEM)
- An Analysis of the Concept of Globalization of Markets
- Does oil hinder democracy in Developing in the Middle East? Support your arguments with examples.
- Critically discuss the need for democratic governments. How do you explain cases where democracy fails to deliver, and authoritarian regimes appear to do so?
- Digital Democracy: Social Media and Political Participation
- “Democracy is the best form of government for all the world’s inhabitants.”
- EU Democracy Promotion In the MENA region
- China, Capitalism, Democracy and Human Rights: Future Alternate Scenarios
- Does the emergence of Islamist movements signify success or failure of democracy in the Middle East?
- Global Trade and trade policies of China
- How might China defend itself against the charge that it is the supreme violator of international human rights?
- fossil fuel (Oil) and its impact on Air pollution in Beijing China
- How the rise of China is reshaping the business environment for MNEs (multinational enterprises); what are the implications for MNEs?
- Critically assess Mearsheimer’s argument that the rise of China cannot be peaceful.
- Essay question: What are the main obstacles that China faces in dealing with environmental problems?
- A critical review of the article “A review of Chinese and English language studies on corporate environmental reporting in China”
- How convincing is the evidence that China’s development did not diverge from that of Western Europe until around 1800?
- An Analysis of Morality in Abortion
- An Examination of Moral Accountability
- The Decline of Courtesy in the Morals of Society
- A Discussion on Applying Morality to Animals
- A Look at the Morals and Beliefs of Christianity
- A Comparison of Moral Absolutism, Moral Nihilism and Moral Relativism
- Stem Cells and the Moral Dilemma
- Development of Moral Philosophy of Immanuel Kant in His Grounding for the Metaphysics of Morals
- Master Morality and Slave Morality of Friedrich Nietzsche
- A Moral Debate on the Use of Euthanasia
- The Point of Morality and the Moral Absolutist Approach to Ethics
- The Direct Causes and Effects of Global Warming on Our Environment
- An Analysis of the Exploration of the Issue of Global Warming and the Shifting Attention That the Skeptics are Receiving in the Recent Past
- Global Warming as a Major Environmental and Economic Challenge
- Effects of Global Warming on the World
- The Negative Effects of Global Warming on Food Supply and Security
- Why the Issue of Global Warming is Not an Issue at All
- Global Warming and the Government’s Role on Spending Money on Limiting the Amount of Greenhouse Gas Emission
- A Description of the Global Warming as a Major Crisis on the Planet
- Is Global Warming A Hoax?
- Why Is Global Warming Intensifying on Earth Today?
- The Benefits of Political Parties in the Modern British Politics
- The Contributions of Machiavelli on the World of Politics and of Political Thought
- An Introduction to the Comparative Politics as an Important Aspect of Political Science
- An Analysis of the Nature of Political Terrorism
- The Distribution and Exercise of Political Power
- An Analysis of Political Messages in Political Campaign Strategies
- A Breakdown of Political Extremists
- Important Issue of Politics
- Polarization of Political Parties and Centrist Politics
- The Definition of the Referendums in the Political System
- The Difference between Political Theory and Political Ideology
- The Importance of Tertiary Education and the Decrease in Education Standards in the United States
- The Overlooked Sex Education in the Education System in the USA
- The Benefits of Pursuing an Online Education over On-Campus Education
- An Analysis of Elementary Education as the First Phase of Compulsory Education
- Multicultural Education: The role of cultural exposure in the school performance
- A Comparison of Public Education and Private Education
- An analysis of Compulsory Basic Education in Kenya and Rwanda
How to pick a topic for a GRE essay
The best approach is to pick a topic that builds on what you already know. Do practice questions on this topic and identify areas which have knowledge gaps. This way, you can build confidence in facing familiar questions.
The GRE test is mandatory and the only way to get over it is to prepare adequately. Reviewing GRE essay topics from the past gives a very close idea to what the test will include. Practice makes perfect and this is true even for a GRE test.
Looking for something else? Try our essay title generator get a few other ideas.