A One To Many Relationship Between Two Entities Is Symbolized In A Diagram By A Line That Ends With
1. All of the following are technologies used to analyze and manage big data EXCEPT:
a. cloud computing.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
c. in-memory computing.
2. A one-to-many relationship between two entities is symbolized in a diagram by a line that ends with:
a. two short marks.
b. three short marks.
c. a crow’s foot.
d. a crow’s foot topped by a short mark.
Answer: a crow’s foot preceded by a short mark
3. The data dictionary serves as an important data management tool by:
a. assigning attributes to the data.
b. creating an inventory of the data elements contained in the database.
c. presenting data as end users or business specialists would perceive them.
d. maintaining data in updated form.
Answer: creating an inventory of the data elements contained in the database.
4. In place of application server software to allow a Web server to communicate with a back-end database, you can use:
5. A household appliances manufacturer has hired you to help analyze their social media datasets to determine which of their refrigerators are seen as the most reliable. Which of the following tools would you use to analyze this data?
a. Text mining tools
b. Sentiment analysis software
c. Web usage mining technologies
d. Data mining software for identifying associations
Answer: Sentiment analysis software
6. In a relational database, the three basic operations used to develop useful sets of data are:
a. select, project, and where.
b. where, from, and join.
c. select, project, and join.
d. where, find, and select.
Answer: select, project, and join.
7. Microsoft SQL Server is a(n):
a. DBMS for both desktops and mobile devices.
b. Internet DBMS.
c. desktop relational DBMS.
d. DBMS for midrange computers.
Answer: DBMS for both desktops and mobile devices.
8. Data mining is a tool for allowing users to:
a. quickly compare transaction data gathered over many years.
b. find hidden relationships in data.
c. obtain online answers to ad-hoc questions in a rapid amount of time.
d. summarize massive amounts of data into much smaller, traditional reports.
Answer: quickly compare transaction data gathered over many years.
9. DBMSs typically include report-generating tools in order to:
a. retrieve and display data.
b. display data in an easier-to-read format.
c. display data in graphs.
d. perform predictive analysis.
10. __________ are computers consisting of a circuit board with processors, memory, and network connections that are stored in racks.
b. Rack servers
c. Blade servers
d. Hybrid servers
Answer: Blade servers
11. The relationship between entities and attributes is best illustrated by the entity __________ with the attribute __________.
a. CUSTOMER; PRODUCT
b. CUSTOMER; PURCHASE
c. PRODUCT; PURCHASE
d. PRODUCT; CUSTOMER
Answer: PRODUCT; PURCHASE
12. A formal contract between customers and their service providers that outlines the specific responsibilities of the service provider and to the customer is called a(n):
13. Which type of infrastructure service provides voice and video connectivity to employees, customers, and suppliers?
14. Interpretations of Moore’s law assert that:
a. computing power doubles every 18 months.
b. transistors decrease in size 50% every two years.
c. data storage costs decrease by 50% every 18 months.
d. PCs decrease in market share by 9% every 5 years.
Answer: computing power doubles every 18 months.
15. Place the following eras of IT infrastructure evolution in order, from earliest to most recent: 1. Cloud Computing Era; 2. Client/Server; 3. Enterprise Era; 4. Personal Computer; and 5. Mainframe and Minicomputer.
a. 5, 2, 3, 4, 1
b. 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
c. 4, 5, 2, 3, 1
d. 4, 5, 3, 2, 1
Answer: 5, 2, 3, 4, 1
16. When the same attribute in related data files has different values, this is called data:
17. Which of the following factors does NOT help explain why computing resources today are ever more available than in previous decades?
a. Network economics
b. Widespread rejection of technology standards
c. Moore’s law
d. Declining communications costs and the Internet
Answer: Widespread rejection of technology standards
18. __________ tools are used to analyze large unstructured data sets, such as e-mail, memos, survey responses, etc., to discover patterns and relationships.
b. Text mining
Answer: Text mining
19. The ability to be in many different states at once, dramatically increasing processing power, is a hallmark of:
b. edge computing.
c. grid computing.
d. quantum computing.
Answer: quantum computing.
20. Big data does NOT refer to:
a. datasets with fewer than a billion records.
b. datasets with unstructured data.
c. machine-generated data (i.e. from sensors).
d. data created by social media (i.e. tweets, Facebook Likes).
Answer: datasets with fewer than a billion records.
Related questions on Bus 309 Week 2 Chapter 1 Quiz