Do My Essay!
Do not waste time. Get a complete paper today.
Our leading custom writing service provides custom written papers in 80+ disciplines. Order essays, research papers, term papers, book reviews, assignments, dissertation, thesis or extensive dissertations & our expert ENL writers will easily prepare a paper according to your requirements.
You’ll get your high quality plagiarism-free paper according to your deadline! No Bullshit!!
Storytelling comes naturally to many people. What differs is the degree to which you perfect the art of drawing in the audience into your world and sharing the experience such that they feel they were in the experience. Writing descriptive essay topics is deceptively easy. Your audience must get close enough to have the first front view of your experiences, as told by you.
How to write a descriptive essay
The simple definition of a descriptive essay is one in which you try to recreate an image or sensory experience so that your reader feels like he/she was in the place and time. There are different types of descriptive essays;
• A Place essay is one in which you describe a physical place e.g., a visit to the city
• Human essay in which you describe people
• Event essay in which you describe events as you experienced them
• Behavior essay in which you describe your behavior or that of others
A descriptive essay is written from your point of view, which makes it highly subjective and biased. This is why a good storyteller can work up different emotions in the reader. Writing a descriptive essay is a balance between giving too much and too little detail. This type of essay requires more work on manipulating language, rather than research and facts. Judicial use of metaphors, similes, and appropriate adjectives helps in recreating the perfect experience.
Suggested topics for a descriptive essay
- An analysis of a descriptive essay on mother’s apple pie
- A cafeteria encounter with a stranger
- My day at the mall
- What happens when my dog is off the leash
- My first night jump out of a military aircraft as a paratrooper
- My watch
- Descriptive essay about the best years of her life
- A descriptive personal essay on first night jump out of an airplane
- A bite on a grapefruit using all senses
- A descriptive essay about the beauty of America
- A visit to Nashville, the Athens of the south
- A descriptive essay on people assumptions
- A perfect weekend out at the movies
- My plane trip to New York
- Descriptive essay: questions and responses in my first job interview
- A descriptive essay of an event: a night out with friends
- An analysis of a descriptive essay by Kylie Harrison
- Descriptive essay: my childhood unicorn figurine
- A visit to a motel bathroom
- My struggle with glaucoma
- My introduction to the sport of skateboards
- A descriptive essay about my best friend, josh
- An introduction to the descriptive essay on the topic of bathroom
- A descriptive essay on my vivid recollections of Miami
- What a perfect Sunday school looks like
- A lunchtime experience in a typical Japanese restaurant
- My childhood bedroom and its fond memories
- How Poe uses the description of environments in his narratives
- A New York night: an experience of New York’s weekend club scene
- The double nightmare
- A description essay of my college roommate George
- My problem with concentration throughout my math 101 course
- A day in my life as a plumber
- How lit 131 course has helped me advance as a writer
- A personal account of spending time in my living room
- Different personalities observed in night clubs of London
- A description of a spontaneous visit to Disneyland
- My high school best friend Amy
- The crosswalk’s sorrow: a descriptive essay
- My vivid memories of the college dorm
- A descriptive essay on a typical Thai restaurant
- An introduction to the game of chess played on a chessboard
- A description of my retired US. Navy uncle the best uncle of all time
- My problem with concentration throughout my English 101 course
- A brief analysis of George Orwell’s novel “a hanging”
- The perfect veggie salad
- A story of my first airplane ride
- My first read of the English essay “shooting an elephant”
- A descriptive essay of Donald Trump
- A portrayal of my path towards literacy in my life
- A summertime visit to woodland hills, California
- The people i avoid on a museum visit
- A day out with friends at louvre museum
- An essay on a visit to a haunted house
- Brian O’Connell’s search for the meaning of life
- The importance of determination and commitment: Megan’s story
- Why does Donald Trump behave in the way he/she does?
- The person i love to hate
- My idea of a perfect action movie
- My first encounter with a ghost
- How would you act if you bumped into Beyoncé on the street one day?
- My idea of a best friend
- A description of the perfect business competitor
- A teenage friendship: my first opposite-sex friendship
- Make-my-day George: a barman for any day
- The perfect summer location for a California vacation
- Bliss on the slopes: a first skiing experience
- Why Dubai makes my heart skip
- An ideal white wedding ceremony venue
- 5 memorable restaurants from my childhood
- An ugly encounter anti-terrorism police
- A new world: the first day in college
- A day with my grandfather
- Seeing America: a bike road trip
- My first romantic love experience
How to pick a topic for a descriptive essay
What are your favorite memories of friends, places, or events? Which do you care not to remember? What do you imagine a particular place looks like? Picking descriptive essay topics is highly subjective and depends on what you want to create or recreate. This could be pleasant or not-so-pleasant memories. The only consideration is how vividly you can recreate it to convince the reader.
Avoid the following when writing a descriptive essay
- Not organizing your essay
The success of a descriptive essay is only as good as its organization. The one mistake that most students make when writing a descriptive essay is doing disorganized work. Like most other types of essays, a descriptive essay must have a well thought out structure and a flow of ideas. Each paragraph of the essay should have a central idea that you should stick to and smooth transition between the sections.
- The use of long string adjectives
The use of long string adjectives is a temptation that most students have not been able to avoid. They need to be avoided when writing a descriptive essay as they can interfere with the flow. Instead, in the place of adjectives, use more metaphors and similes. This will protect you from running out of adjectives to use in your paper and create an appropriate impact on the reader.
- Picking the wrong topic
This will be the beginning of failure. Students need to be careful when selecting a topic for this kind of essay. Descriptive essays do not do well with boring topics, so you might need to consider doing enough research to come up with an exciting topic.
Writing a descriptive essay is not particularly difficult. It all depends on how well you can recreate a personality, event, place, pet, or other subjects. It will tax your powers in manipulating language to carry the reader along, but practice will eventually make you a better storyteller.