1 When Thomas Paine Writes About Reconciliation He Referring 1 Pointthe Southern Colonies St
1. When Thomas Paine writes about reconciliation, he is referring to
A. the southern Colonies staying peacefully connected to the northern Colonies.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
B. the Colonies staying peacefully connected with Great Britain.
C. the Colonists staying peacefully connected to Native Americans.
D. Great Britain staying peacefully connected with Europe.
Answers: the Colonies staying peacefully connected with Great Britain.
2. Which of the following statements about Common Sense is NOT true?
A. Common Sense was written the same year as the Declaration of Independence.
B. Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to persuade colonists to fight for independence.
C. The printing press enabled the wide circulation of Common Sense.
D. Thomas Paine was hanged for treason after writing Common Sense.
Answers: Thomas Paine was hanged for treason after writing Common Sense
3. Thomas Paine believed America should be
A. an asylum, a safe place and for all people.
B. a British colony.
C. a continent of many nations.
D. a city on a hill.
Answer: an asylum, a safe place and for all people.
4. In this context, does asylum have a positive or negative connotation? Asylum is a word with multiple meanings. Read the following sentence from Common Sense. This new world hath been the asylum for the persecuted lovers of civil and religious livery from every part of Europe.
5. Thomas Paine wrote Common Sense to
A. Revolutionary War soldiers.
B. colonists in 1776, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
C. the British monarchy. women seeking the right to vote.
Answer: colonists in 1776, prior to the signing of the Declaration of Independence.