50 Political Science Research Paper Topics
In the Political Science faculty, there are thousands of possible research paper topics that a student can write on.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
We are aware of how challenging writing aresearch paper may be for students. It contains a wealth of material, and students must locate the relevant facts in order to produce a quality research paper. Students seek online research paper writing help from trusted services that guarantee high-quality college papers at an affordable price.
However, choosing the best topic can be an overwhelming task given the width of Political Science studies that dates back centuries, while playing a pivotal role in shaping the current political events around the world.
To write an excellent Political Science research paper, it is essential to choose a topic that would spark interest during the research and hence throughout the writing process. This choice should be narrowed down to one specific topic and a particular period of time.
Only then can you compose the research question based on the topic and delve deep into the details of factual events and their direct or indirect influence of the political arena in question. Such analysis was done concretely, and in-depth will demonstrate a clear understanding of the topic by the researcher.
Perhaps you maybe interested in exploring a research paper on separation anxiety.
How to Write a Political Science Research Paper
Before you pick a research paper topic for your political science theme, it’s important to know how to write this kind of a paper in the first place.
- The first thing you should do in order to nail your political science research paper is to ensure it is well-grounded. A well-grounded paper focuses on issues that are currently affecting people.
- Note that the idea of research is to solve a problem, and it only makes sense if you work with a political issue that affects the majority of the people. Addressing controversial issues will also make your research paper useful.
- Do a lot of research and gather as much information as possible so that you may get answers to your research question. Also, focus on the relevant sources, and ones that your professor may have recommended.
- Before you start to research, consider the type and amount of research your project will require: it varies most of the time.
- Your political research paper should also follow a specific guideline. That is, it should have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
- During your research, record all the citations you come across. As much as you are not going to use all of them, they will help you come up with an excellent paper.
50 Political Science Research Paper Ideas
Here is a list of 50 topics to consider when you’re writing your political science research papers:
- In the United States Congress and the Supreme Court, what role does architecture play in demonstrating democratic ideals?
- How did technology affect the voting process in the recently concluded US elections?
- What was technology’s role in speed difference during the marriage equality movement and the civil rights movement in the United States?
- The nuclear triad may be termed as an outdated Cold War policy. Is this true?
- In what ways has the Supreme Court nomination process been influenced by expectations of diversity?
- With modern technology, how different might the process of drafting the constitution have been?
- Between pursuing regional or global trade agreements, what should the United States be focused on?
- What impact does the US’s role in the World Trade Organization with regards to global climate change negotiations have?
- Describe the history of Political Science.
- How applicable is postmodernism in today’s political world?
- What is the influence of institutionalism among the political scientists of America and beyond?
- How has modernization shaped the world politics of the 21st Century?
- What was the future political impact of the American Civil War?
- How has terrorism affected the politics of the East and West from the late 20th Century to date?
- Is American politics still shaped by the old age bureaucracy of administrative functions executed on behalf of the executive?
- How have Interest Groups influenced the decisions of politicians and the public policies they pass in America?
- Why did American political parties become weak at the beginning of the 20th Century leading to more focus on presidential candidates?
- How has voting behavior changed the tune of global politics since the inception of democracy?
- Are race and ethnicity still a significant factor in American politics in the 21st Century?
- How influential has religion been in shaping the political space in America?
- What is the importance of experimental research in today’s political science world compared to survey-based research?
- Why is content analysis important for campaign managers in 21st Century politics?
- Explain the evolution of science in political science.
- How has American foreign policy affected the political decisions of her neighbors?
- Is there a common ground for liberalism and idealism in American politics of the 21st Century?
- Is the balance of power achievable in today’s politics given the recent America-North Korea talks?
- Despite the growth of democracy globally, is democracy peace realized in full across the globe today?
- What impact has International Law made in recent years because nations thought to be democratic are still at war?
- How has International Environmental Politics assisted in meeting the Millennium Development Goals and the SDGs?
- With seemingly only two political parties in America for decades, how democratic is this nation compared to other democracies composed of dozens of party systems?
- Between parliamentary and presidential systems, which one emerges better for young democracies in Africa?
- What are the future trends of the comparative judicial politics in Africa after a series of Supreme Court cases in recent elections?
- What is the social, political impact of civil societies in the politics of the 21st Century?
- How did the technology revolution affect the political culture of the 21st Century?
- Describe the history of political psychology and its influence in modern politics.
- What is the similarity between anarchism and political science in the real world of politics?
- Has nationalism produced better leaders compared to those who led with different philosophies?
- How did the three periods of renewal change the studies of fascism after the Second World War?
- How did Karl Max’s Marxism influence the politics of the 20th Century?
- Is financial muscle a significant factor in American politics now that there is a billionaire president?
- How is propaganda used to affect the outcomes of an election during campaigns?
- What is the role of media in electioneering campaigns across the world?
- Why are public relations important in political campaigns and successive governments?
- How effective have electoral reforms been in achieving free and fair elections?
- What is the impact of social medial in government day-to-day business and political movements?
- How will the significant number of unemployed youth in Africa influence elections in the coming years?
- Which system of political governance would successfully achieve the United States of Africa?
Political Science topics are many, as described above. The bottom line is that this is essaya faculty that presents real-life situations concerning real historical facts mixed with scientific theories to study what has transformed the universe into a global village of political governance.Plagiarism can cost your grade, so you should first run your research paper through a plagiarism checker before you hand it over to your professor.