Cstu 101 Quiz 1
1. What two concepts are the main focuses of our studies in CSTU 101?
Answer: Culture and Civilization.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
2. Who said He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose
Answer: Jim Elliot’s
3. Which artifact depicts the unification of Upper and Lower Egypt?
Answer: Narmer’s Palette,
4. Who is credited with inventing the first written language, a system called cuneiform?
Answer: the Sumerians
5. The National Archives was designed to symbolize the importance of ______.
Answer: The Past.
6. The basic way an individual looks at life, his basic worldview, the grid through which he see the world.
7. Which president said A nation must believe in three things: It must believe in the past. It must believe in the future. It must, above all, believe in the capacity of its own people to learn from the past that they can gain in judgment in creating their own future.
Answer: Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. Which artifact provided the key that allowed scholars to decode Egyptian hieroglyphics?
Answer: Rosetta Stone
9. The establishment of permanent agricultural communities marked the beginning of what?
10. Sumerians were from which area.
Answer: southern Mesopotamia
11. What were the two main rivers in Mesopotamia?
12. The first written language was called
Answer: Sumerian language
13. Who said that To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child when we do not have an understanding of the past?
Answer: Marcus Tullius Cicero
14. Which system says the sun is at the center of the universe?
15. What term describes the multiple perspectives we see in Egyptian art, especially in portraying the human body?
Answer: frontal Plane or frontality
16. “The Heritage of the Past is the Seed that Brings Forth the Harvest of the Future.” Is located on which building in Washington?
Answer and Explanation:
Washington, D.C. Statue on the left of the main entrance to the National Archives of the United States bears the inscription, “The heritage of the past is the seed that brings forth the harvest of the future”
17. The Egyptian religion had a certain ethical component called ________
18. The Egyptian temples were the first structures in the ancient world to be built entirely of _____.
19. This was perhaps the best known sculpture of Egyptian art.
Answer: Queen Nefretete.
20. Egypt was a __________ throughout its long history.
21. The Egyptians did not have the technology of the wheel when they built the pyramids.
22. The Egyptians never were able to work with the post and lintel construction method.
23. The Egyptian Culture was short lived and lasted only a few centuries.
24. The Egyptian Culture was very concerned about the color of skin pigmentation and made a point to segregate those who were different.
25. Technology involves the manipulation of raw materials to produce some benefit.
26. Sumerian civilization was ancient, but not very advanced in learning.
27. King Cyrus that is mentioned in the Bible did not really exist.
28. We can think of a paradigm shift as a change in the way that we do mathematics.
29. The pyramids of Egypt were built to represent the wealth of the Egyptians, with no religious or meaning of permanence whatsoever.
30. The “Men of Issachar” were located in a small town in Egypt, and directed the construction of the first pyramid.
Related questions Rasmussen CBA45 Module 04 General Psychology Credit by Assessment