DEP2004 Module 11 Final Exam Latest 2018 December
1. A controversial, widespread opinion about emerging adults is that they
Answer: are narcissistic and materialistic.
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
2. Which of the following statements about body growth in adolescence is true?
Answer: Growth in body size is complete for most girls by age 16 and for boys by age 17½.
3. Tammy’s father is an exceptional gymnast. When Tammy was just a toddler, her father believed that Tammy already showed great promise as a gymnast. Tammy’s father probably believes that athletic ability is mostly determined by
4. In the United States today, the average __________ is 78.5 years-nearly 76 for men and 81 for women.
Answer: life expectancy.
5. Sixteen-year-old Max has been introspective lately. He has been wondering who he really is, thinking about his values, and pondering the direction he will pursue in the future. Max is
Answer: constructing his identity
6. A(n) __________ contains only 23 chromosomes, half as many as a regular body cell.
7. In the United States and a few European countries, __________ are responsible for a modest, continuing trend toward earlier menarche.
Answer: Soaring rates of overweight and obesity
7. Compared with school-age children, teenagers’ self-evaluations place more emphasis on
Answer: social virtues
8. Which of the following is a recessive characteristic?
Answer: Cleft chin, dimples, and freckles
9. Which of the following statements about changes in vision in adulthood is true?
Answer: The muscles controlling the pupil weaken
10. Changes of aging in __________ are twice as rapid for men as for women.
11. An individual’s __________ age is based on actual competence and performance.
12. Skeletal age is measured by determining
Answer: A bone age study
13. The field of human development is considered to be an applied discipline because
Answer: Findings are used for practical purposes to improve people’s lives.
14. __________ contribute greatly to emotional and social development in midlife.
Answer: Family and work transitions
15. According to Piaget, organization takes place
Answer: apart from direct contact with the environment.
16. Fraternal twins are created when
Answer: two eggs are fertilized and develop into two embryos
17. During rapid cognitive change, children
18. The __________ secretes hormones that prepare the lining of the uterus to receive a fertilized ovum.
Answer: corpus luteum
19. Aja is a self-confident, secure 2-year-old. According to Erikson’s theory, Aja probably has parents who
Answer: Do not criticize or attach her when she fails at a new skill
20. Ryan is a typical emerging adult. Which of the following is he likely to say is the most essential for attaining adult status?
Answer: constructing a set of beliefs and values to live by
21. Nine-year-old Noah observed that he is better than his peers at math but not as good at spelling. Noah is using
Answer: Social comparisons.
22. When asked to recall personally significant past experiences, Chinese school-age children are more likely that U.S. children to refer to
Answer: personal opinions.
23. Which of the following women is likely to offer more social support to members of her community?
Answer: Joy, a 50-year-old African American
24. Dr. Fox believes that infants and preschoolers respond to the world in much the same way as adults do. This is consistent with the __________ .
Answer: view of development
25. According to Peck, adults develop a sense of ego transcendence if they
Answer:invest in the future beyond their lifespan
26. People who flexibly modify their identities in response to age-related changes yet maintain a sense of self-continuity are
Answer: higher in self-esteem and life satisfaction.
27. Which of the following statements about measuring temperament is true?
Answer: Parental reports about their children’s temperament are moderately related to researchers’ observations of children’s behavior
28. According to Erikson, the conflict of toddlerhood-autonomy versus shame and doubt-is resolved negatively when the parents
Answer: reasonable expectations for impulse control
29. Today we know that adolescent development is
Answer: influenced by biological, psychological, and social forces.
30. Which of the following middle-aged adults is the most likely to be stagnant?
Answer: Steve, who has lived his entire life in poverty
31. At birth, the __________ is nearer to its adult size than any other physical structure.
32. Children use their current schemes to interpret the external world using a process known as
33. For most young people, identity development is not traumatic and disturbing, but, rather, a process of
Answer: exploration followed by commitment.
34. According to Erikson, if the psychological conflict of adolescence is resolved negatively, a young person experiences
Answer: role confusion.
35. To offset both excess weight and muscle loss, people should
Answer: engage in weight-bearing exercise that includes resistance training.