GCU UNV104 2019 November Week 2 Quiz Latest
UNV104 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
1.What elements are included in information literacy?
A. Read, write, and take notes.
B. Motivation, time management, and accountability.
C. Research, APA, and GCU Style.
D. Locate, evaluate, and use information.
Answer: Locate, evaluate, and use information.
2. A permalink is used to retrieve an article again without going back to the database and key words search initially used to find the article.
3. Which test taking strategy is best for multiple choice exams?
4. What are the ways you can contact the library?
A. Email, Chat, or Call.
B. Twitter, Facebook, or Google.
C. Individual Forum in the classroom.
D. Gradebook, Resources, or Course Material in the classroom.
Answer: Email, Chat, or Call.
5. Peer-reviewed journal articles are often considered credible to use in academic writing.
6. Which reading strategy provides summary material to use for weekly review in an effort to help move learning from short-term memory to long-term memory?
A. Quick Reading
B. Muscle Reading
C. SQ3R Reading
Answer: Muscle Reading
7. Brainstorming can help you to form ideas that you can use to create your thesis statement.
8. The following are types of brainstorming.
A. Take notes, research, and re-write.
B. GCU Style, APA Format, and Library.
C. Questioning, Freewriting, and Mapping.
D. Google, Citations, and References.
Answer: Questioning, Freewriting, and Mapping
9. What are the different types of Information Literacy?
A. Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
B. Media Literacy, Research & Library Skills, Critical Literacy, and Information Ethics.
C. GCU Style, Library, and Facebook.
D. Privacy, Plagiarism, and Ethics.
Answer: Media Literacy, Research & Library Skills, Critical Literacy, and Information Ethics.
10. What is an expository essay?
A. An opinion based paper.
B. A narrative essay.
C. A personal essay.
D. A fact-based research paper.
Answer: A fact-based research paper.
11. SHREK is a strategy to help with what?
A. Test Taking
D. Time Management
Answer: Test Taking
12. It is important to grab the citation information for an article you are planning to use in support of your writing so that you can easily retrieve the article at a later date if necessary. What is another good reason for obtaining the citation information for an article?
A. To avoid plagiarism.
B. To send the author a thank-you note.
C. To memorize the citation information just in case your instructor asks.
D. There is no other need to grab the citation.
Answer: To avoid plagiarism.
13. Critical analysis is questioning how information can relate to the topic of a paper.
14. Which of the following is a definition of peer-reviewed journal article?
A. A paper written by a student and reviewed by their classmates and submitted to an instructor for grading.
B. An article that has gone through a process in which it is reviewed by experts in the same field prior to being published in a journal.
C. A paper written by an expert and submitted to their manager at work.
D. An article written by an expert and published in a journal.
Answer: An article that has gone through a process in which it is reviewed by experts in the same field prior to being published in a journal.
15. You should use credible sources to support your writing. Which of the following would be considered the most credible source?
B. A peer-reviewed journal article.
C. A Blog
D. None of these choices are credible sources.
Answer: A peer-reviewed journal article
16. PORPE stands for:
A. Prepare, Organize, Remind, Plan, Exercise
B. Predict, Organize, Rehearse, Practice, Evaluate
C. Predict, Organize, Remind, Prune, Evaluate
D. Prepare, Order, Refresh, Plan, Evaluate
Answer: Predict, Organize, Rehearse, Practice, Evaluate