Liberty RLGN 104 Test 8 – Tolerance should be viewed in reference
RLGN 104 Test 8: Religion: Liberty University / Liberty University RLGN104 Quiz 8
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
1. Tolerance should be viewed in reference to how we:
Answer: respond to people we disagree with, not how we respond to the ideas we think are false.
2.The problem with the new tolerance is that the only opinion that is acceptable is no opinion.
3. Postmodernism suggests that there can be no certainty of absolute truth. However, absolute truth is defendable and should be applied in practical life situations.
4. Which of the following is not an example of a someone in the Bible who stood for truth?
Answer: none of the above
5. People can debate whether an idea in the Bible is accurately interpreted, but the Bible is clearly a book written to communicate truth to those who seek to follow Jesus.
6. Which of the following best exemplifies the new religious tolerance?
7. According to Hindson, teaching truth guards against _________ and_________.
Answer: Immaturity and spiritual
8. The new tolerance has disguised itself in a popular approach to moral decision-making called ______________.
9. Suffering can be wasted, or it can be used as an opportunity to learn and grow closer to God.
10. Gods original design of creation was perfect and without suffering until Adam and Eve sinned.
11. Which of the following is an example of an individual in the Bible who endured severe suffering?
Answer: All of theabove
12. The definition of the word tolerance may not have changed, but our culture has dramatically changed its meaning.
13. Integrative apologetics is best understood as:
Answer: All of these
14. To answer the logical argument, Powell draws upon what defense explained by Alvin Plantinga?
Answer: The free-will defense
15. Powell addresses two arguments against the existence of God because of the existence of evil. They are:
Answer: Both a and c
16. In the story of the woman caught in adultery, Jesus response was an example of how Christians should respond to those struggling with sin.
17. Which of the following is an important application that arises from a study of truth? We must clearly define the truths we believing concerning our faith.
18. Traditional tolerance is impossible to practice in todays culture.
19. The Law of Non-Contradiction states:
Answer: It states that something cannot be both true and not true at the same time when dealing with the same context.
20. In modern society, tolerance is defined as both kindness toward the person and acceptance of all their viewpoints.
Related answered questions Prepare the current assets section of Yasunari Kawabata Companys