Music Research Topics
Music is a highly influential aspect of our society today. It has been part of our lives for a long time now. As music evolves, everyone has their specific taste for a given genre, musical instrument or song. Some common genres may include hip-hop, rock, reggae or roots. The evolution of music has led to the subject being incorporated in the school curriculum.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
For any student pursuing a career in music, one of the important aspects of the degree is the research paper. Getting the right topic for your research essay is always a challenge to most students however, this article will have relevant examples you can get inspiration from.
Tips on how to Select the Best Music Research Paper Topic?
Choosing a good topic for any research paper is essential, especially if you aim to attain good results in your paper. The following tips will guide you in choosing the most appropriate music research topic.
1. Be clear on your topic
Be sure of your topic before starting to write your paper; this means that you should have adequate knowledge of what type of research you are planning to conduct. For example, if you plan to include information about the impact of music on criminal behavior, then be sure that you have sufficient knowledge about music in criminal behavior.
2. Use sources
Make sure that you have sufficient material to use in your paper. You should use sources such as books, journals, and websites containing information on the topic you plan to write about. These sources will help with your research, as they will provide well-written articles to develop your topic.
3. Develop sources
If you do not have any material to use in your paper, there are many places where you can get sources. In this case, you have to develop your sources. For example, if the topic is about the effect of music on plastic surgery, you can use research papers on medical concepts and statistics about plastic surgery performed by newspapers and magazines. You can also conduct interviews with experts in these areas of study; however, make sure that they are reliable.
4. Seek help from a professional
The professional help you should consider getting is that of a reviewer. A music research paper is more challenging than other academic papers; it requires greater attention to detail and a deeper understanding of your research topic. Therefore, you should get a professional from a reputable service to help you review your work before submitting it. Gudwriter has the best research paper essay writing service that gurantees you quality music research papers from our qulified team of experts.
Music Research Topics Examples
Below are some of the most popular music research topics:
Music History Research Topics
History is known for its accurate records, and this is also applicable to music research. For example, if you want to write a paper on the history of Broadway musicals, you should have information about the different shows produced in the past and their influences on performers. This will ensure that you get your paper done properly.
A list of topics relating to music history would include:
1. The history of the synthesizers
2. The history of music in the United States
3. The evolution of classical music
4. The history of pop music styles
5. The evolution of folk music in America
6. How technology has influenced the evolution of music styles
7. The development and influence of hip-hop
8. The history of European classical music
9. The history of African-American music
10. The history of Latin American music
11. The effect of the digital age on the evolution of music styles
Music Therapy Research Topics
These are brilliant essay topics that research on how therapeutic music can be in the society. Examples of these topics could be:
- How does music treat psychological conditions?
- How can you calm an individual using the theme?
- What do people love most about classical music?
- Does listening to music affect your effectiveness?
- What is the impact of music as a subject in schools?
- Can music help reduce stress?
- Can an individual use music to heal eating disorders?
- Why do most psychologists prefer using music when performing their work?
- Can music lyrics help enhance your brain capacity?
- Music and therapy
- How does music help students in education?
- Scientific research and music
- How does music help learn psychology?
- What music genre is written in different countries?
- How music affects student’s productivity
Music Theory Topics
This music category is for the music theory lovers. It may help investigate the theories in music such as characteristics of music in different eras and crucial aspects of music in societies. Great examples may include:
- Brilliant characteristics of Romantic-age songs
- How music evolved in the Baroque Era
- Who were the top compositors during the Romantic era?
- Remarkable features of Baroque-age music
- Uncovering symbols during the Renaissance-period music
- How classical music relates to medical applications
- Major music directions during the 20th century
- What are the crucial aspects of music?
- History of modern hip-hop
- Why is it that most intellectuals prefer rock music?
Music History Research Paper Topics
This is another field where you can find plenty of research topics to work on. History offers us the chance to examine and understand the origin of a particular music genre or issue related to music. You can pick any of the following topics for your music history research paper:
- Origin of black music
- History of musical instruments
- What is the female impact on the jazz music genre?
- Imperial Japanese and Chinese Music
- Who created the music?
- Music as it was used in the Holy Roman Empire
- Main aspects of modernism music
- How politics influenced music back then?
- Modern music culture
- Why are music studies important?
- Conventional archetypes in music
- How is music connected to important functions and events?
- Genius of Bach
- Folk music and how it impacts the population
Music Psychology Research Topics
Connecting psychology and music is not something new. However, the category has not been researched as it should be. Researchers have barely scratched the ground on the music psychology research topics. That is why this is a good topic to research on. Consider the following suggestions:
- Are sound therapies efficient?
- Does music education impact our abnormal activities in the brain?
- Does music impact our state of mind, mood, and overall mental health?
- How tones affect mental development in teens, children, and toddlers
- How does playing a piano enhance communication skills of individuals with communication issues?
- What are cultural differences in music?
- Changes in music consumption patterns in young people
- How has music changed how students think and act?
- Can music enhance your sleep at night?
- Does a specific genre of music champion for drug abuse that affects our psychology?
Classical Music Research Topics
For the classical sounds’ lovers, this is the category to research on. You can research on how this music works, when it started, its history, and the traits of the listeners. Below are some common example topics to pick from:
- What songs fall under the classical genre?
- What is the history of the classical music category?
- Is classical music impactful today?
- What role does classical sound play in Disney production?
- Most impactful classical projects
- Character traits of classical music listeners
- Role of women in the classical genre
- Are classical sounds and metal the same?
- How modern melodies differ from classical music
- Why is Mozart different from other composers in the classical genre
Music Thesis Topics
Other excellent research topics you can handle include the music thesis topics. These topics typically cover a wide range of areas in the music field from analysis of specific genres to examination of cultural implications. Examples may include:
- A comparative study of traditional music practices in different ethnic communities
- The psychological effects of listening to music on emotional well-being and mood regulation
- What is music’s role in the LGBTQ+ community?
- Examining how music is a catalyst for change in the Hip-Hop culture
- Investigating effects of music training on neural development and cognitive abilities
- The impact of live music performances on audience emotional response and engagement
- Use of music as a mnemonic device
- What role does music play in promoting cognitive development in children?
- A comparative study of traditional and digital distribution models
- Tracing the origin of jazz music and its influences from African Roots to modern interpretations
- Examining female empowerment in pop music lyrics
Music Controversial Topics
Popular music is always being criticized and is often the focus of research discussions. While this is normal and not uncommon, such criticism can also be turned into a paper used in studies. Below are some examples of topics related to popular music research:
1. The use of information technology (IT) in today’s music industry
2. The politics behind the use of the word “pop” in mainstream U.S. pop culture
3. The effect of hip-hop on today’s society
4. The origins of dance music
5. The use of metaphors in today’s music
6. The role of the internet in pop music
7. The effect of lyrics on the music style
8. The impact of sex and drugs in the creation of pop music and its stereotypes
9. The influence of the Beatles on other bands and musicians
10. How racism affected black musicians during the 1960s and has affected them today
Music Argument Topics
This type of music research focuses on the use of statistical analysis, as well as on other methods such as opinion surveys and field studies. Below are some examples of argumentative research topics:
1. The evolution of music piracy over time
2. The impact of digital piracy on the evolution of music and other elements related to it
3. How access to free, illegally downloaded music has affected the sales of CDs and records
4. The effect of parental guidance on censorship in music lyrics
5. The role that education systems worldwide play in the promotion or censoring of certain genres
6. The importance and effectiveness of copyright laws in preventing illegal downloads
7. The impact of music piracy on the global music market
8. How the evolution of technology has affected the sales of CDs and records
9. The effect of global warming on musical genres
10. The dangers that peer-to-peer networks pose to the online security of users’ computers
Learn the basic steps to follow in writing your research paper.
Hip-Hop Research Topics
Hip-hop is a music style that originated in the United States. Its popularity has spread globally, and its music is easily recognized nowadays. It is based on African American tradition and culture, and its roots can be traced to the blues music of the 1960s. The strong beat in hip-hop music was influenced by the funk music that was popular then.
Depending on your interest, you can conduct research on a wide range of topics related to hip hop; these include, but are not limited to:
1. The history of hip hop
2. The origins of hip-hop and its influences on the world’s culture
3. The impact of hip-hop on various aspects of society, including politics, music, and language
4. How hip hop has influenced the evolution of music styles around the world
5. The effect that hip hop and other forms of music have had on other aspects of culture around the world
6. The effect that social change, technology, and political powers have had on hip-hop culture
7. The effect of hip-hop on the body image of women
8. The impact of hip-hop on the culture around the world
9. How hip hop has affected the media and its portrayal of women
10. The use of sampling in pop music genres
Debatable Music Topics
Debatable topics are those that people have different feelings about. For example, while some people think rap music is harmful to children, others believe it’s a positive influence in their lives. The same applies to other genres of music.
Below are several examples of debatable music topics:
1. The impact of MP3s and peer-to-peer networks on the sales of CDs and records
2. The effects of hip-hop on society and its stereotypes
3. The psychology behind the creation of pop music
4. The use of sampling in pop music genres
5. The impact of sex and drugs in the creation of pop music and its stereotypes
6. The role that education systems worldwide play in the promotion or censoring of certain genres
7. The effect of media censorship on hip-hop culture
8. The influence of the law on music genres, such as hip-hop, rap, and rock-and-roll
Music Appreciation Research Topics
Many people enjoy music and want to learn more about worldwide music styles. If you are interested in pursuing a music appreciation research topic, here are some additional topics that you may explore:
1. The history of music and how it has changed the world
2. How pop music styles differ from one country to another
3. The effects of global warming on musical genres
4. How hip-hop has shaped modern culture, such as language and fashion
5. The impact of social change on the emergence and development of new music styles and genres
6. How the internet has influenced the evolution of music styles
7. The use of metaphors in music
8. How technology has influenced the evolution of music styles
9. The impact of hip-hop on modern society, including politics and language
10. How African-American music has shaped modern cultures, such as language and fashion
Music Education Research Topics
If you are a student in a music program, you can research your music skills and improve them. Here are several ideas for topics that you could discuss:
1. The effect of hip-hop on education and its impact on the language spoken by children
2. The history of rap music, from its roots to modern times
3. The composition of rhythm and blues songs and their histories
4. The musical arrangement of rap songs throughout history
5. The role that race plays in the creation of rap music
6. How sex and drugs affect the creation of pop music and influence its lyrics
7. The influence of rock-and-roll on other genres, such as jazz, blues, and country
8. The history of sampling and its importance in the creation of hip hop
9. The history of copyright laws and their impact on musical piracy
Pop Culture Research Topics
You can research pop culture’s appeal, from films and television shows to music. Below are examples of topics that may interest you:
1. The history of film, including horror and action movies
2. The psychology behind the creation of pop music and its components
3. The impact that different types of music have had on society, such as race and sex
4. How technology has influenced the evolution of music styles throughout history
5. The role that education systems worldwide play in the promotion or censoring of certain genres
6. The creativity involved in the composition and arrangement of pop songs
7. How pop culture has influenced language around the world
8. The history of hip-hop and its impact on modern languages
9. How African-American music has shaped modern cultures, such as language and fashion
10. The history of sampling and its importance in the creation of hip hop
Rap Topics Ideas
Many people enjoy listening to rap music. If you are interested in learning more about this genre, here are several topics that you may discuss:
1. How rap music has evolved throughout history
2. The role that sampling has played in the creation of various hip-hop styles
3. How societal changes have affected rap music and its lyrics
4. How sampling has influenced modern music styles around the world
5. The evolution of hip-hop, including its impact on popular culture
6. How rap music has influenced the language of African-Americans
7. The political overtones behind rap music and its impact on modern society
8. The effect that sex and drugs have had on the creation of rap music and its content
If you are interested in pursuing a research topic about music, you now have several ideas to help guide you. Remember that topics should be able to answer your research questions, so make sure to explore those ideas thoroughly.
You should also remember that research is an opportunity for personal growth. If you take the time to conduct thorough research and include quality sources in your project, you will learn more about these topics and yourself.
Fructis Shampoo advert analysis essay sample with outline.