ashworth college BU330 online exam 1 – (1)
1.The IMA issues which of the following certifications?
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
2. Communicating information fairly and objectively is an example of which ethical standard?
3. The person who is directly responsible for all financial functions is the:
4. Refusing gifts or favors that could be perceived to influence your actions is an example of which ethical standard?
5. Porches, Inc., sells lawn furniture. Selected financial information for the most recent year follows.
Beginning merchandise inventory on January 1 was $33,000.
Ending merchandise inventory on December 31 was $35,000.
Purchases during the year were $92,000.
Selling and administrative expenses were $75,000.
Sales for year were $262,000.
What was the value of goods available for sale?
D. $ 97,000
6. Internal parties receive information about past performance from:
A. audit reports.
B. budget reports.
C. planning reports.
D. managerial accounting reports.
Answer: managerial accounting reports.
7. The costs associated with reengineering machinery and its location within the factory to increase efficiency would be considered which part of the value chain?
A. Customer service
C. Research and development
8. Which of the following types of companies has raw materials, work in process, and finished goods inventory?
D. Service companies
9. _________ gathers, summarizes, and reports on the financial impact of changes to business operations.
A. Managerial accounting
Answer: Managerial Accounting.
10. Evaluating results against the plan is an example of which of the following management functions?
11. A wave of accounting scandals around the turn of the 21st century prompted which of the following?
12. Costs that remain the same among alternatives are:
A. sunk costs.
B. irrelevant costs.
C. controllable costs.
D. uncontrollable costs.
Answer: irrelevant costs.
13. Which of the following people is most likely to use only financial accounting information?
A. Vice president of plant operations
B. Product manager
C. Plant manager
D. Bank loan officer
Answer: Bank loan officer
14. Which of the following describes the way in which total fixed costs behave?
A. They will decrease as production increases.
B. They will decrease as production decreases.
C. They will remain the same throughout production levels within the relevant range.
D. They will increase as production decreases.
Answer: They will remain the same throughout production levels within the relevant range.
15. ________ is the business philosophy and a strategy of manufacturing without waste.
A. ISO 9001
B. Lean thinking
D. Thin manufacturing
Answer: Lean thinking
16. Which of the following is NOT an example of an indirect cost incurred in manufacturing automobiles?
A. Plant supervisor salary
B. Machinery depreciation in the factory
C. Plant utilities
D. Cost of the automobile engines
Answer: Cost of the automobile engines.
17. Which of the following costs could be found in work in process inventory for a candy bar manufacturer?
A. Assembly worker wages
B. Utilities for administrative offices
C. Depreciation on sales office
D. Customer order forms
Answer: Assembly worker wages
18. Winner’s Sporting Equipment manufactures sporting goods. Selected costs from the past year include the following.
Plastics used to make products $151,000
Heating and lighting costs for factory 65,000
Factory janitor wages 67,000
Costs of shipping to customers 11,000
Lubricants used in factory equipment 2,000
Lighting costs for sales office 20,000
Depreciation on factory equipment 23,000
Office supplies for sales office 6,000
Insurance costs for factory 13,000
Maintenance worker wages 99,000
Freight-in (on plastics) 7,500
Aluminum used to make products 175,000
Assembly-line worker wages 142,000
Salaries of salespeople 74,000
Period costs for Winner’s Sporting Equipment totaled:
Answer: D. $111,000.
19. Lots of Stuff Company reports the following data for its first year of operation.
Work in process inventory, beginning $0
Work in process inventory, ending 140,000
Direct materials used 110,000
Direct Labor 115,000
Manufacturing overhead 185,000
Finished goods inventory, beginning 0
Finished goods inventory, ending 90,000
What are the total manufacturing costs?
20. Indirect materials, indirect labor, and indirect manufacturing costs are what type of manufacturing cost?
A. Direct labor
B. Direct materials
C. Manufacturing overhead
D. Prime costs
Answer: Manufacturing overhead
More answered questions BIO220 Topic 13 Graded Quiz
Check these answered questions out econ312 week 3 homework latest 2017 august