BIO220 Topic 13 Graded Quiz
1.Which of the following is wrongly matched?
a. first stage of labor – baby exits vagina
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
b. second stage of labor – ends with cervix dilation to maximum
c. third stage of labor – placenta expelled from uterus
Answer: first stage of labor – baby exits vagina
2. The type of fetal monitoring that uses sound waves to visualize the developing fetus is
d. chorionic villi sampling.
3.The central cavity of the neural tube becomes the
c. cranial cavity.
d. ventricles of the brain.
e. epidural space.
4. The period from conception until birth is
a. the prenatal period.
b. the germinal period.
c. the embryonic period.
d. the fetal period.
e. the conceptual period.
Answer: the germinal period.
5. Premature aging is called
d. Alzheimer’s disease.
6. In males, the urogenital folds close over the urogenital opening and urethral groove to form the
c. vas deferens.
e. prostate gland.
7. If a woman ovulates two oocytes and both are fertilized,
a. identical twins result.
b. fraternal twins result.
c. Siamese twins result.
d. monozygotic twinning occurs.
e. paternal twins result.
Answer: fraternal twins result.
8. What does “D” represent on the diagram?
Answer: c. blastocyst
9. The opening that connects the right and left atria in the fetal heart is the
a. interatrial septum.
b. septum primum.
c. septum secundum.
d. foramen ovale.
e. foramen rotundum.
10. Developmental events are calculated from
c. the last menstrual period.
d. fourteen days after the last menstrual period.
e. fourteen days before the last menstrual period.
Answer: fourteen days after the last menstrual period
11. The lungs develop from
b. neural crest cells.
c. an evagination from the foregut.
d. an evagination from the floor of the diencephalon.
e. an invagination from the hindgut.
Answer: an invagination from the hindgut.
12. An embryonic cell that contains the potential to give rise to any tissue type is called a/an
a. differentiated cell.
b. multipotent cell.
c. pluripotent cell.
d. omnipotent cell.
e. totipotent cell.
Answer: totipotent cell.
13. Many gerontologists refer to walking as one of the most important anti-aging activities to prolong life. This is because a daily 30-minute walk
a. increases blood pressure.
b. improves circulation.
c. promotes anaerobic metabolism.
d. increases urine output.
e. increases peripheral resistance.
Answer: improves circulation.
14. Which of the following is formed from mesoderm?
a. autonomic neurons
b. dermis of the skin
c. adrenal medulla
Answer: dermis of the skin
15. The earliest period of prenatal development is the _________ period.
16. The embryonic membrane that completely encloses the embryo in a watery sac is the
a. yolk sac.
e. ectodermal sac.
17. Organogenesis is generally completed by day _____ of development.
Related questions ashworth college BU330 online exam