Cstu 101 Quiz 3
1. Who had the greatest influence in the field of logic, particularly with his invention of the syllogism as a tool for deductive reasoning?
2. Philosophy literally means:
Answer: the study of proper behavior, and the search for wisdom
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
3. Which one of these did the Greeks consider the most important of the Arts?
4. A structural system in which vertical supports or columns support horizontal beams.
Answer: post and lintel
5. Who was Platos teacher?
6. The Parthenon was located in what Greek city?
Answer: Acropolis of Athens
7. In the introduction video from this week, who said America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln
8. When used in the philosophical sense, this word takes on the meaning of the rational principles that govern and develops the universe. What is this word?
9. Who created One of Greeces famous statue Discobolus (the Discus-Thrower)?
Answer: the Greek sculptor Myron
10. Aristotle’s influence has perhaps been greatest in which field?
Answer: philosophy and science,
11. This Greek doctrine is concerned with the ethical, ideal, or universal element in an artwork as distinguished from its emotional appeal.
12. Greek word translated to mean “diligence in the pursuit of moral and physical excellence.
13. Most ancient Greek cities developed around a fortified hilltop. What was this hilltop called?
14. Who lived first?
15. The original Constitution is housed in what building?
Answer: The National Archives Museum in Washington
16. Professional philosopher- who became the leading teachers in Athens were called:
Answer: The sophists
17. The Greek marketplace where philosophy was debated was called the ____:
Answer: The agora
18. Who said Man is the measure of all things?
19. Which one of these is not in the Greek order of columns?
20. This early Greek philosopher taught that number was the essence of all things.
21. Socrates was well known for his method of teaching by asking questions, not really having the answers.
22. Socrates was sentenced to death for treason.
23. Plato gave the fullest expression of his idealistic philosophy in the Republic.
24. The Greeks had a low regard for education and felt that children should learn best without a tutor or teacher.
25. Thousands of Socrates own personal writing have helped carry on his legacy.
26. The Parthenon was dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena.
27. The Greeks felt that music was not important and thus did not teach their youth this art.
28. Aristotle and Plato were materialists and Socrates was an idealist.
29. The Greeks view the individual as paramount because personal achievements were the measure of all things.
30. Socrates favorite student was Aristotle.
Related answered questions Engl 102 Test 3