What Main Difference Between Equity And Exchange Philosophies Compensation
1. What is the main difference between the equity and exchange philosophies of compensation
A. The equity philosophy is based on available budget; the exchange philosophy is based on profit margins.
B. The equity philosophy is based on fairness; the exchange philosophy is based on employee value.
C. The equity philosophy is based on profit margins; the exchange philosophy is based on available budget.
D. The equity philosophy is based on employee value; the exchange philosophy is based on fairness.
Are your assignments troubling you?
Get your troublesome papers finished by our competent writers now!Hire A Writer Now
Special offer! Get 20% discount on your first order. Promo code: SAVE20
Answer: B. The equity philosophy is based on fairness; the exchange philosophy is based on employee value.
2. What is unique about staffing practices at the online shoe company Zappos?
a. New hires are trained by employees of other successful shoe companies.
b. Employees are trained to do every job in the company.
c. Trainees are offered up to $2,000 to quit the company at any time.
d. The CEO personally trains every single employee.
Answer: Trainees are offered up to $2,000 to quit the company at any time.
3. Which of the following laws give workers the right to join a union without fear of discrimination or retribution?
a. The NorrisLaGuardia Act of 1932
b. The Wagner Act of 1935
c. The Taft-Hartley Act of 1948
d. The Landrum-Griffin/Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959
Answer: b. The Wagner Act of 1935
4. The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) requires employers to do all of the following EXCEPT
a. provide protection from at-work hazards
b. notify supervisors of hazardous conditions
c. monitor employees health habits
d. enforce the use of safety equipment
Answer: provide protection from at-work hazards
5. Internal sourcing and external sourcing are part of the process of __________________.
b. employee orientation
c. employee selection
d. job design
6. Which of the following methods constitute on-the-job training methods?
a. demonstration; apprenticeship; and sink-or-swim
b. simulation; film and classroom; and vestibule
c. demonstration; film and classroom; and sink-or-swim
d. sink-or-swim; vestibule; and apprenticeship
Answer: demonstration; apprenticeship; and sink-or-swim
7. Vanessa starts her new job as a marketing strategist for Orion Food and Beverage today. As part of her orientation, she is told to study the position duties on her own, and she uses an online training manual to familiarize herself with company processes. What kind of employee training method is Vanessa most likely engaged in?
a. film and classroom
8. Bonuses, contest prizes, and profit sharing are examples of which type of compensation?
b. base pay
Answer: a. incentives
9. Benefit packages typically comprise about _______% of an employees base pay.
10. Which of the following scenarios describes the 360-degree assessment technique?
a. Davids performance is evaluated by his work over the last calendar year.
b. Davids performance is evaluated using a BARS scale.
c. Davids performance is evaluated based on the areas in which he has made the most progress.
d. Davids performance is evaluated by peers, subordinates, customers, and himself.
Answer: Davids performance is evaluated by peers, subordinates, customers, and himself.
Related answered questions Cstu 101 Quiz 3