Strayer BUS375 Quiz 5 Latest 2019 April
BUS375 Project Management
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
1. The earned value of a project is the
a. Project cost to date adjusted for project scope changes
b. Total project cost to date
c. Cost incurred minus the planned cost
d. Value of the work that has actually been completed on the project
e. Total project direct cost to date
Answer; d. Value of the work that has actually been completed on the project
2. The final step in the project control process for measuring and evaluating project performance is to
a. Set a baseline plan.
b. Analyze the project budget.
c. Review the project priority matrix.
d. Determine the project deliverables.
Answer; a. Set a baseline plan.
3. Of the following costs, which are NOT included in baseline?
a. Budget reserves
Answers: a. Budget reserves
4.The start of a task may be moved on a Tracking Gantt due to
a. Increase in Earned Value
b. Lack of an update Control Chart
c. A predecessor task starting late
d. Increase in Earned Value and Lack of an update Control Chart
Answer; c. A predecessor task starting late
5.The third step in the project control process for measuring and evaluating project performance is to
a. analyze inputs to the control system
b. review spending with team members
c. review the baseline with top management
d. compare the plan against actual performance
e. measure both progress and performance
Answer; e. measure both progress and performance
6. Sally receives the following information on her project: P V = 100, AC = 75, E V = 100. How well is the project doing in terms of budget?
a. 25 under budget
b. right on budget
c. 50 under budget
d. 50 over budget
Answer; a. 25 under budget
7. Nancy tells her supervisor that as of right now, $1.05 worth of work has been accomplished for each $1 worth of scheduled work. Nancy got this information from viewing the
A. S V.
B. T CPI.
D. S PI.
E. P C I B.
Answer; D. S P I.
8.The value that tells you the planned value of work that has actually been completed is the
a. Cost Variance (CV
b. scheduled value
c. planned value
d. actual cost
e. Earned value
Answer; e. Earned value
9. Jessica just received the following information on her project: PV = 200, EV = 300, AC = 250, BAC = 1500, EAC = 1208. In terms of cost at completion.
a. The project will currently finish behind schedule
b. the project will currently finish over budget
c. the project will currently finis under budget
d. the project will currently finish on budget
e. there is insufficient information to draw conclusions
Answer; c. the project will currently finis under budget
10. A reason that the duration on a task may differ from an original duration on a Tracking Gantt chart could
A) an expected delay.
B) new information on the task.
C) the task has been cancelled.
D) a new budget cycle.
E) an unexpected delay
Answer; A) an expected delay.
11. Each retrospective is assigned a(n) ________, typically a team member who is very interested in and familiar with the retrospective. This individual will serve as the contact point for anyone needing information relating to the retrospective.
B. Project sponsor
C. Project manager
Answer; A. Owner
12. When conducting post-project audits, this is one of the main tools that a facilitator uses.
A) a final copy of the issues log
B) a review session regarding the project scope
D) the earned value analysis
E) the customer
13. Project closures can fall into all of the following categories EXCEPT
e. Changed priority.
Answer; a. Successful.
14. An analysis carried out during and shortly after the project life cycle that attempts to capture positive and negative learning is represented in which of the following?
a. performance evaluation
b. lessons learned
c. scenario analysis
d. strategics objective
Answer; b. lessons learned
15. The purpose of project evaluation is to assess how well
A. The project team performed.
B. The team members performed.
C. The project manager performed.
Answer;A. The project team performed.
16. The following are distinguishing characteristics of retrospectives methodology EXCEPT
a. It establishes in-process learning gates during the project life cycle.
b. Reviews cannot be linked to percent complete.
c. It uses an independent facilitator.
d. An owner, typically a team member, is assigned.
e. A repository is developed that is easy to use.
Answer; b. Reviews cannot be linked to percent complete.
17 ________ of lessons learned are designed to improve performance on current and future projects.
B. Corrective action plans
Answer; A. Retrospectives
18. Which part of the final report is designed to be the most useful on future projects?
c. Review and analysis
d. Lessons learned
e. Executive summary
Answer; d. Lessons learned
19. Which of the following summarizes project performance and provides useful information for continuous improvement?
a. Project summary
b. 360-degree feedback
c. Team evaluation
d. Customer acceptance
e. The final report
Answer; e. The final report
20. Which part of the final report presents major improvement actions that should be made?
A. Executive summary.
B. Review and analysis.
Answer; c. Recommendations
21. A learning approach to teach cross-cultural fluency that involves raising affective responses by the trainer to elicit cultural insights is known as the
A) Behavioral/Experiential Approach.
B) Affective Approach.
C) Information-Giving Approach.
D) Lemple-Huffman Approach.
Answer; D) Lemple-Huffman Approach.
22. If a construction company in Dallas builds a bridge in Houston, the project would be classified as
Answer; D. Domestic
23. Government corruption and political stability are examples of which of the following environmental factors?
24. When you begin to lose confidence in your ability to communicate and work effectively in the different culture, you are in which of the following stages of culture shock?
B. Gradual adjustment.
C. Irritability & hostility
Answer; C. Irritability & hostility
25. Concern about the local restrictions on toxic waste would be classified as which of the following environmental factors?
Answer; . Legal/political
26. Which of the following is NOT true of a development team using Scrum methodology?
A. There are no designated roles or titles
B. The team is self-organizing
C. The team is typically made up of 5 to 9 people
D. They are responsible for achieving the commitments they make at the sprint planning and review meetings
E. They have the authority to change features and priorities at the end of each sprint
Answer; E. They have the authority to change features and priorities at the end of each sprint
27. Agile methods can be used on larger scale projects in which several teams are working on different features at the same time.In practice this condition is called
A. Incremental delivery
C. Feature collaboration
Answer; E. Scaling
28. Specific features are created using Scrum methodology according to four distinct phases. Which of the following places these phases in the correct order?
29. When considering traditional versus agile project management, all of the following are part of the agile project management model EXCEPT.
c)Design up front.
d)Self-organized project teams.
Answer; c)Design up front.
30. The ________ is the customer’s prioritized list of key features desired when the project is completed.
Answer; Product backlog