Which choices below best reflect the problem statement for the instructor-assigned article?
1. Which choice below best reflects the problem statement for the instructor-assigned article?
a. The anticipated increase in elders who need hospitalization is a societal concern, as more U.S. healthcare dollars are spent on elders than on any other age group.
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
b. Some elders reported not being satisfied with the care they received when hospitalized, and attributed this to nurses not knowing what elders want and need in their care.
c. Nursing care in the NICHE (2015) model of care could be different from nursing care on general hospital units.
d. There has been little information about what aspects of nursing care or nursing caring behaviors might actually contribute to the health outcome of functional status, and if the nurse caring behaviors perceived by elders are satisfying to them.
Answer: There has been little information about what aspects of nursing care or nursing caring behaviors might actually contribute to the health outcome of functional status, and if the nurse caring behaviors perceived by elders are satisfying to them.
2.Which of the choices below best reflects the purpose statement for the instructor assigned article?
a. The aim is to treat the whole person, not simply the clinical condition.
b. The ultimate goal of these care strategies is to maintain and even improve functional status …
c. To investigate seven hypotheses: …
Answer: The ultimate goal of these care strategies is to maintain and even improve functional status …
3. According to Grove, Gray, and Burns (2015), which of the following statements are important when considering the significance and relevance of a studys problem and purpose? (Select all that apply.)
a. Does it predict the non-significant findings anticipated in the study?
b. Does it specifically influence nursing education in university settings?
c. Does it identify the future research to be generated by the study?
d. Does it promote theory testing or development?
e. Does it identify extraneous variables?
Answer: a, b, d, e
4. When considering the feasibility of a studys problem and purpose, Grove, Gray, and Burns (2015) suggest that several areas should be evaluated, including: researcher expertise, money commitment, ethical considerations, and availability of subjects, facilities, and equipment. Which of the following statements accurately assesses the feasibility of this article? (select all that apply)
A. Funding sources for the study were not identified in the article.
B. The authors credentials to design and conduct research are fully described. (p. 447)
C. Evidence of protection of the subjects rights was mentioned in this article. (p. 447)
D. 100% of the eligible subjects contacted participated in the study.*
E. *does not applies because it was a convenience/ accidental sample
Answer: Evidence of protection of the subjects rights was mentioned in this article. (p. 447)
The funding sources were not mentioned in the article. Additionally, the author’s credentials to design and conduct the study were not mentioned. While 1000 surveys were mailed to the ENA members, only 284 were returned. This means the study did not attain 100% participation rates. The researchers took every precaution possible to protect the privacy and anonymity of the individuals. To enhance the confidentiality, the data were numerically code and made accessible only by the researchers(Hunsaker,Chen, Maughan & Heaston, 2014)
5. The author indicated that the institutional review board (IRB) authorization was acquired. The author stated that verbal assent was obtained, per Grove & Gray (2019), which of the following would NOT be considered a situation where the written consent requirement could be waived?
a. The study is minimal risk.
b. The procedures involved normally do not require written consent.
c. The signed document would be the only connection between the person and the study.
d. The study involves a vulnerable population.
Answer: The study involves a vulnerable population.
6. Does the author specifically mention that a pilot study was done prior to conducting this study?
7. Does the study include a treatment or intervention described in the methods section?
a. Caring behaviors was the intervention.
b. Whether the participants were treated on the ACE unit or the telemetry unit can be considered an intervention.
c. Functional status was the intervention.
d. There was no true intervention.
8. Which phrase best describes the time element of the research design of this study?
a. Cross-sectional design
b. Longitudinal design
c. None of the above
9. Which phrases best describe the research design of this study?
d. Mixed methods
10. Which demographic variables were assessed by the author for this study?
a. Age, gender, race, religion, marital status
b. Age, gender, race, occupation, marital status
c. Age, diagnosis, race, religion, income level
d. Age, gender, race, occupation, marital status, diagnosis
More questions here to What is required for speciation to occur