Liberty BIBL 104 Quiz 3 – (Version 1 to 4)
BIBL 104 Quiz 3 / Liberty University BIBL 104 Quiz 31
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
1.The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Solomon.
2. Job is convinced that if he could only have the opportunity to present his case to God, then God would realize he is judging the wrong man, and Job would be proclaimed innocent.
3. According to our textbook, _________________ is one of the more popular topics in the book of Proverbs.
Answer: wealth and poverty
4. While the time of writing for the book of Job is uncertain, internal evidence points to a time before the Mosaic law.
6. _______________ often teach practical lessons about everyday living.
Answer: Wisdom Psalms
7. In a general sense the proverbs can be grouped into two major forms. One of these forms is
Answer: instructive discourses
8. The focus of the Proverbs is heavenly rather than earthly.
9. Job accuses God of prejudice and curses the day of his birth.
10. The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever spreads slander is a fool. (Prov. 10:18) is an example of
11. According to our textbook, the _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
Answer: Sovereignty of God
12.The ____________________ are expressions of trust in the Lord and praise to the Lord for the security He provides to those who trust in Him.
Answer: Psalms of Confidence
13. In his response to Job, God appeals to creation as a demonstration of his unfathomable wisdom.
14. Jobs responds to God in faith knowing it is enough that God is in control.
15. ______________ predictively refer to Christ, the anointed messianic King.
Answer: Messianic Psalms
16. The Hebrew word hevel, literally means
Answer: vapor” or “mist
17. Good news from a distant land is like cold water to a parched throat. (Prov. 25:25) is an example of
Answer: Comparative parallelism
18. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it (Prov. 22:6). This wisdom holds true as a general rule, not an absolute promise.
19. According to our textbook, _____________________ is a reoccurring theme or motif found throughout the book of Ecclesiastes.
Answer: Enjoyment of Life
20. The __________ focus on the Lords kingdom rule over His creation.
Answer: Kingship Psalms.
21. According to our textbook, many church fathers viewed the Song of Songs typologically as a picture of Christs love for His bride, the church.
22. The phrase of Solomon in the Hebrew title of the Song of Songs calls into question whether this was a song by Solomon, about Solomon, or for Solomon.
23. Most English Bibles translate Qohelet as
Answer: “teacher” or “preacher“
24. Proverbs are written in such a simple way that they produce reflection within the mind of the reader.
25. In the book of Job the Lord presents his servant Job as a model of righteousness before Satan.
26. The title Song of Songs can literally be translated from the Hebrew The Greatest Song of Solomon.
27. The book of Job concludes with God prospering Job once again and blessing him with twice the wealth.
28. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes Saul.
29. The psalms are divided into _____________ books.
30. The list of individuals who composed material in the Psalms includes David.
31. The ______________ are songs of praise the people sang as they made pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
Answer:Psalms of ascent
32. Most proverbs take the form of a four-line unit, with the first line corresponding to the fourth line and the second line corresponding to the third line This correspondence is through some form of parallelism.
33. According to our textbook, the expression _______________ refers to the activities of man as observed and experienced from a human perspective.
Answer: life under the sun.
34._________ are prayers expressing thanks to God for specific answers to prayer or for deliverance from danger.
Answer: Thanksgiving Psalms
35. A proverb is a short poetic sentence conveying wisdom in a concise and memorable form.
36. Proverbs contains a balanced view of wealth and poverty.
37. In Proverbs child-rearing is a family affair but discipline begins with the individual.
38. According to our textbook, allegorical interpretations of the Song of Songs are correct since they are based on careful exegesis of the text in the Song of Songs.
39. Historically, the most common method used in interpreting the Song of Songs was to treat the Song as an allegory of Gods love for Israel.
40. According to our textbook, Jobs three friends are commended for their companionship but are condemned for their false accusations and misguided theology.
41. The _____________ are prayers of extreme emotion and anger calling on God to bring severe judgment on the enemies of God and the psalmist.
Answer: Imprecatory Psalms.
42. Proverbs concentrates primarily on practical issues rather than focusing on theological issues.
43. In response to his friends advice, Job admits that he is a sinner but that his sins are not categorically vile. Job asserts that he may have committed mortal sins but he certainly did not commit venial ones.
44. In the __________________, the psalmist confesses his sin and prays for the Lords forgiveness and restoration.
Answer: Penitential Psalms
45. The book of Proverbs consistently presents the sluggard as a fool and the diligent person as wise.