Rasmussen MCB2289 Module 10 LAB Quiz
1. The process of forming mRNA from the template strand of DNA is called _____________
Elevate Your Writing with Our Free Writing Tools!
Did you know that we provide a free essay and speech generator, plagiarism checker, summarizer, paraphraser, and other writing tools for free?Access Free Writing Tools
2. Transcribe the following coding DNA sequence into a complementary sequence of mRNA: TAGCTGCCA
3. In a DNA molecule, adenine on one strand of nucleotides will pair with which base on the other complimentary DNA strand?
4. In addition to linking together nucleotides to synthesize a daughter strand, DNA polymerase also ________
A. Unzips the parent DNA molecule
B. “proofreads” the order of nucleotides
C. Makes the new DNA strand form a helix
D. “zips” the parent molecule back together
Answer: “proofreads” the order of nucleotides
5. In living organisms, information for making proteins flows from _______?
A. RNA to DNA to protein.
B. RNA to protein to DNA
C. DNA to RNA to protein
D. Protein to RNA to DNA
Answer:DNA to RNA to protein
6. The process of forming a protein from an mRNA strand in called _______
7. A change in the nucleotide sequence coding for a protein is called a _________.
8. A change in the nucleotide sequence always results in an observable change in the organism.
9. DNA is a molecule found in the nucleus of prokaryotic cells
10. Each group of three nucleotides acts like a “code word” representing one amino acid
11. RNA polymerase is an enzyme .
12. Which of the following sequences would result from the replication of the following DNA sequence: ATTGCTGGA
13. Translation begins when mRNA becomes associated with a(n)_______?
14. The monomers that make up DNA molecules are called _______?
B. Amino acids
D. Nitrogenous bases
15. Each newly formed DNA molecule consists of _____________.
A. Two parental strands
B. Two daughter strands
C. One parental strand
D. One parental strand and one daughter strand
Answer: One parental strand and one daughter strand
More of this questions How will the desired centripetal force be set?